Downtown Family Medicine Clinic
Residency Site Director: Maureen Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Located in Belltown (1 mile from Swedish First Hill) within King County Public Health’s Downtown Public Health Center
Population: DFM serves a diverse population of urban, underserved patients of all ages. We care for a large immigrant and refugee population (mostly from Southeast Asia, Latin America, Africa and Eastern Europe) as well as homeless, unemployed, working poor, and geriatric patients.
Staff: Three residents per year. Medical team: 3 teams made up of Resident, Faculty Member, dedicated RNs and MAs. Other providers at DFM: Single full-time MD, Psychiatric NP, behavioral medicine counselor/social worker, registered dietitian, travel clinic
Payment Model: DFM serves patients regardless of their ability to pay. For uninsured patients, payment operates on a sliding scale. DFM also sees patients with Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) and Medicare.
Specialty Clinics: Psychiatry, Procedure, Colposcopy (each ½ day per week). Procedures include arthrocentesis, joint and soft tissue injections, colposcopy, variety of gynecologic procedures (IUD, nexplanon, stringless IUD removal), dermatologic procedures (excision, biopsy, I&D), vasectomy, nail removal, cryotherapy.
Features: In house lab and pharmacy, EKG, spirometry, NST, Ultrasound
Other Clinic Highlights
- Joint partnership between Swedish First Hill Family Medicine and King County Public Health
- Certified Federally Qualified Health Center
- Colposcopy and OB referral center for King County Public Health
- Suboxone Program
- On-site interpreters in Spanish, Amharic, Somali, Arabic and Russian. Phone interpreters for any other languages
- Downtown Public Health Center’s other resources that help provide collaborative, patient-centered care.
- Dental clinic serving homeless patients
- OB services- Public Health RNs through Nurse Family Partnership, Moms Plus and WIC
- Robert Clewis Center- Needle exchange and education center
- Refugee Intake Clinic
- Veteran’s Affairs Office