First Year Residents:
Salary: $57,600/year Vacation: 15 working days & 8 holidays CME: 3 working days, $0 (2017-2018)
Second Year Residents:
Salary: $59,600/year Vacation: 15 working days & 8 holidays CME: 5 working days, $500 (2017-2018)
Third Year Residents:
Salary: $61,600/year Vacation: 15 working days & 8 holidays CME: 5 working days, $750 (2017-2018)
CME Allowances can be used for the following items: medical education conference registration and travel (all travel needs to be pre-approved and booked through the Swedish travel agent); medical books, journals, and subscriptions; medical apps and software for smartphones, tablets, and computers; and can be used to off-set board expenses not covered by the program. CME allowances cannot be used for hardware purchases such as cell phones, computers and laptops.
Prepaid medical and dental benefits effective on the first day of employment. A flexible benefits program which includes additional medical and dental options. Coverage for dependents may be elected at an extra expense which is shared by the employer. Counseling services are covered through health insurance plans.
Additional Benefits for Residents:
- Disability Insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Sick leave accumulates at the rate of one day per month of full-time employment
- Lab coats and uniforms, as well as on-site laundry drop-off services for these items
- Free parking at Swedish Medical Center and clinic sites
- Meal allowance for on-call rotations in the hospital
- Licensure cost during the first and second year of residency
- Funds for smartphone and medical applications
- Family friendly call rooms and resident lounge
- Employee Assistance Program
- Reduced Fare Metro bus pass
- Zipcar membership for work travel purposes - free!
If you would like to view a copy of the Resident Agreement Appendix for the 2016-17 academic year or a sample resident agreement, please email Carlos Rustia to receive a copy.