All first-year resident positions are filled through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Swedish Family Medicine Residency - First Hill accepts only those applications transmitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) between the opening of the ERAS post office and October 15th. We have eleven first-year resident openings this year.
For information regarding ERAS, contact the Dean's office of your medical school. Graduates of international medical schools can contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
We only accept applications and supporting documents through ERAS.
Applications are considered complete and are reviewed as soon as ALL of the following items are received through ERAS:
1) ERAS Common Application Form
2) Medical School Transcript
3) Personal Statement
4) Minimum of two Letters of Reference, preferably at least one from a family medicine physician
5) USMLE Step 1 scores; COMLEX score for D.O. students. It is highly encouraged to submit USMLE Step 2 scores by the time of applying, deadline for Step 2 CK/CS scores to be reported is January of submitting year (ex. if you’re applying in 2019, must be submitted by Jan 2020). Applicants must have passed Step 1 and Step 2 by the second attempt.
6) Additional requirement for International Medical Graduates: current ECFMG certification.
We do not have USMLE or COMLEX minimum score requirements.
We do not require clinical experience in the USA.
Applicants must have graduated from medical school within three (3) years of applying to residency.
Swedish Family Medicine Residency-First Hill does not accept applicants who need visa sponsorship, including the H-1B and J-1 through the ECFMG.
Interviews dates for 2018-19 are below:
We generally interview on Thursdays. Interview days are filled on a first-come, first-scheduled basis, so we recommend scheduling your interview as soon as possible after you receive an invitation. If an interview day is full, we can schedule you for another date and put you on a wait-list for your first choice.
Interviews are not granted on non-interview days.
For questions regarding the application and interview process, please contact Swedish Family Medicine Residency-First Hill Administration